Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The birth of Shalomy the Potato (told in the third person)

Late one evening, Yvonne and Kristin were comfortably ensconced in their apartment. If you've never been, this apartment is a magnificently spacious abode the likes of which are simply unparalleled. The floors are centuries-old oak buffed with a whisper-thin coat of crushed diamonds, and the amenities include a jacuzzi and a cabana boy. Naturally, Kristin and Yvonne were wearing evening gowns, as they do every night. Yvonne's was a dazzling beaded electric blue number, and Kristin's was a fabulous confection of green chiffon.

On this fine summer evening, the girls were conversing merrily about what a proper artistic outlet for their myriad talents might be.

Kristin: I say, Yvonne ... didn't we have a simply marvelous idea for a blog a fortnight or so ago? What were we planning to call it?

Yvonne: Yes, I do recall that we did, Kristin. In fact, it was very clever, if I recall?

Kristin: I declare, it was powerful clever, Yvonne. If I remember correctly, it had something to do with courtship and the trials and tribulations thereof.

Yvonne: Yes! But alas, I cannot remember either. Perhaps it is for the best, as I think we would have a shortage of material in that area.

Kristin: Perhaps you're right. But let us not abandon the idea entirely. Maybe we can create a blog on another topic?

Yvonne: Yes, that is true. We can write a blog just about our lives, and comment on pop culture and world events!

Kristin: Yvonne, you're brilliant! Let us call upon our Irish Catholic and Polish Jewish heritage to give birth to something that combines them beautifully ... SHALOMY THE POTATO.

Overcome with emotion, Kristin faints. Yvonne, ever the trustworthy friend, comes to her aid and revives her.

Kristin: Thank you! Accept this lime as a token of my undying friendship!!!

Yvonne: Thank YOU. What a stunningly appropriate gift.

Fin.

**********************************************************************************

OK so in reality we were sitting around Yvonne's room in our gym clothes. We remembered how we wanted to start a team blog and the following conversation occurred:

Kristin: Yvonne, we should still start our blog. We had a hilarious name, what was it?

Yvonne: Hmm. I don't remember. But it was really funny ...

Kristin: I think it had something to do with dudes .... Mother of pearl, what was it? I can't remember!

Yvonne: I can't either. Although maybe we should think of a new topic, it's not like either of us are serial daters.

Kristin: I don't know, I was going out with Captain Crunch for a while ... (Kristin is the only one who finds this hilarious. Yvonne waits patiently as Kristin says "Get it? Cereal dater?" AHAHAHA) Anyway, we can just blog about pop culture.

Yvonne: Yeah, that sounds good.

Then we somehow came up with Shalomy the Potato. Shalomy is a Hebrew name and potato is a starchy vegetable with eyes. If you didn't know. According to Dan Quayle, it's spelled potatoe.

Anyway, here we will blog about stuff. And other stuff. And that stuff too. With Jesus and Moses on our side we really can't lose.

1 Comments:

At 8/28/2006 12:07 PM, Blogger Amy said...

You two kids are crazy.

But I do love my starches and unlike Mr. Gibson, have no beef with the Jews, so I will indeed read on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home